This is a saute of two of my favorite vegetables in the world. Mushrooms seem to be hit or miss with a lot of people. That works for me most times especially in this house. I can order my mushroom covered pizza and it will actually remain mine. Hey, the mom-doesn’t-get-to-eat-anything-because-her-kids-have-bottomless-pits diet is a real thing! If they don’t like something that I love, I consider this a win for me. I can actually eat it all and while it’s HOT. You heard that right…while it is HOT! That’s like a unicorn in the mom world. Food that’s hot. It exists though, ladies! Have hope!
Sugar Snap Pea & Mushroom Saute
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz mini bella mushrooms
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 3/4 white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp coconut amino
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium high
- Add mushrooms, snap peas, and white onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut amino. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes.
You can swap the coconut amino for soy sauce, if you prefer it! I feel like it balances out the red pepper flakes just as well.