You can try all you can to remove the sweets, but there are some things you just cannot live without…like chocolate chip cookies.
We have been randomly baking and cooking our way through the summer. The kids want to make all the things with chocolate, meringue or berries. And as I keep thinking about how I only have 6, 8, 10, and 12 summers left with them…my mommy heart strings cannot resist. The least I can do to help us manage through it all is try to find the healthier versions of it all.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup swerve sweetener
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift almond flour and coconut flour. Add in baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer, mix butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla extract on low to medium speed.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of dough onto the baking sheet 2″ apart.
- Flatten the cookies and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies for 2-3 minutes and transfer to the wire rack.
These didn’t last long but it was nice having a smaller batch and less cooking time involved in the summer.
I hope you enjoy them!