My son and these muffins… he loses his lemon loving mind the second he even smells them baking in the oven. We are talking about him going full-blown toddler again and sitting in front of the oven until they come out.
We found this recipe on Pinterest but it was with blueberries and a couple of other ingredients we do not use here. The conversion to our gluten-free flour and almond milk was seamless though!!!
Gluten-Free Lemon Muffins
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with silicone cupcake holders and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs one at a time; allowing them to be mixed thoroughly.
- Add vanilla extract and the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the dry mix to the wet mixture in small amounts and alternating with adding the milk in small amounts.
- Fill each liner 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before moving them to a wire cooling rack.
I hope you enjoy!