I have been using this soup for a while now to help with a natural way to flush inflammation, especially in the harder training weeks. I keep it stocked along with my tart cherry juice. This entire batch will be poured down into pint mason jars and stored in the refrigerator for a quick source of greens.
I will come in from a run, pop it in the microwave and drink it!
Creamy Asparagus Soup
- 1 lb asparagus spears cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, combine asparagus, garlic, chicken broth, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Use an immersion blender to blend.
- Add salt and sour cream.
- Bring to a boil again, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
I am not a medical professional and do not claim to be one. This is simply something that has worked for me. If you have any questions regarding consuming this for inflammation, ask a licensed medical professional.