Pumpkin. Pumpkin lattes. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin EVERYTHING! Pumpkin in everything! Pumpkin on everything!
I know pumpkin is not everyone’s thing. Just so you know I love apple cinnamon, apple pie and apple cider equally too. I’m actually thinking of giving an apple pie roll a go to! ANYWAYS!
This is my favorite pumpkin treat hands down! It’s perfectly spongy, sweet & creamy, and pleasantly filling.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
For the Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375F and layer a 15×10 baking sheet with cooking spray, parchment paper, more cooking spray, and lightly flour.
- In a bowl, sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, whisk eggs and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla to the stand mixer.
- Combine flour mixture to the wet mixture.
- Put the batter in the pan and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on the baked pumpkin cake, place towel on top, and invert the cake onto the towel. Remove the parchment paper off of the cake.
- Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on the baked pumpkin cake and slowly roll the cake & towel completely.
For the Cheese Filling:
- In a stand mixer, whisk together cream cheese, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and walnuts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unroll the pumpkin cake and spread the cheese filling.
- Roll the cake with the filling and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
Make all the pumpkin things!!! Enjoy!!