These came close to Reese’s. I kid you not. Of course, that is pretty dependent on the type of protein powder. I used a whey protein that I enjoyed the taste of with just milk or water.
I was kinda thrown off with the way these are made. I am not a huge fan of putting honey across a variety of kitchen utensils and what not. As much as I love cooking, I do not love cleaning up afterwards. I will say that it was more than worth it, but this is more of a one-time dessert than an portioned snack. Well, it could be a portioned snack, but that’s dependent on your love for chocolate and peanut butter. LOL!
Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 2 1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup oats
- In a large pan, heat the almond butter and honey with low to medium heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add the protein powder and oats. Stir.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 1 tsp of water until it is easy to mold into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Heat up the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments until melted.
- Spread the chocolate over the top of your almond butter mixture.
- Freeze for 30 mins to an hour.
- Cut into 16 squares and store in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do. Well, I do. I never really saved any for anyone else LOL!