We have to keep these muffins on a weekly rotation because the kids devour them and they are made with fairly simple ingredients. With it being summer time now, I actually double or triple the recipe to ensure I am not running the oven as often as the kids are requesting these which is a crazy amount.
These were actually an original product of a No Spend September. We set up rules to only buy staples like milk, eggs, and bread. All of our other ingredients for everything we made had to come from the cabinets. It was definitely a challenging month, but a lot of great food combinations came from it!! You can check out what came of it all here!
Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix ripe bananas until thoroughly mashed.
- Add unsweetened applesauce, milk, and sugar.
- Combine dry mixture with wet mixture.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Option: Grease a muffin pan or ready silicone cupcake holders and a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Store covered on the counter or in the refrigerator.
We have also made this with Kodiak cake power mix before and it came out amazing (especially with the dark chocolate flavor).