So truth time… The last time I made these they came out closer to hockey pucks than donuts. I still cannot figure out what I had done then to have that happen BUT we are going to just let the past be the past on this one.
These, however, came out amazingly fluffy and moist. They were more of a cakey consistency than a donut, but that is what I prefer.
Chocolate Chip Banana Donuts with PB Drizzle
- 1 3/4 cups GF flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas ripe and mashed
- cooking spray
- 3 tbsp nut butter crunchy
- 1 1/2 tbsp enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare a donut baking pan with cooking spray.
For the donuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a stand mixer, add bananas, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Fill the donut pan with the mixture.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Place donuts on a wire cooling rack with paper towel underneath it.
For the drizzle
- In a microwavable bowl, add together nut butter and 1 1/2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Microwave in 30-second increments. Check and stir in between until smooth.
- The drizzle can be pipped on and drizzled with a spoon.
- Allow 5 minutes to partially set. Serve!
I hope you like them!!