My husband and oldest daughter go crazy over deviled eggs. It’s a treat that I do not make often mainly because of the fact that only those two love them, but when I do, they do not seem to last too long in this house. In fact as I was trying to take this picture, they were waiting on me not so patiently and salivating.
We added our home grown chives into the mixture which really made my heart happy. I am not a likely gardener, so this is serious point of pride. I have kept the chives alive long enough to start using them in my cooking
Bacon Loaded Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 6 tbsp bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp chives chopped
- paprika for garnish
Hard-boil the eggs
- In a large pot, fill with water and boil. Place in eggs after the water is boiling. Leave eggs in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Drain the eggs in a strainer and shake. Place eggs into a large bowl with cold water and ice. Peel the eggs.
- In an instant pot, place in 1 cup of water, the rack, and eggs. Set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Allow 5 minutes to naturally release and then move the release to vent. Remove eggs and place in an ice water bath. Peel the eggs.
Making the filling
- Slice the eggs and place the yolk into a bowl.
- Add the bacon, mayonnaise, and chives. Mix well.
- Scoop out the mixture and place back into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my husband and daughter do!!