My family has a deep-seated love for ramen. It doesn’t matter if it’s in a cup of noodles, a shrimp ramen pack or the noodles in another recipe. They simply love ramen noodles. I cannot say I ever caught on to the ramen phase in the low budget life of young adulthood or college life. I was more of a spaghetti os WITH MEATBALLS. Spaghetti os without meatballs should not even exist. That’s all I’m saying.
Anyway, we have been working on perfecting this recipe for a little while now. It has just never seemed quite right. One thing would taste amazing and then something else would be a complete failure until now!!!
- 3 squares ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the instructions on their package. Prior to draining, scoop out 1 cup of water. Drain and toss with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon on medium-high heat. Add in the garlic. Turn the heat down to low.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan. Stir for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the noodles and toss it all together immediately. Add some of the reserved water from the noodles cooking to get the desired creaminess.
- Top with green onions and serve.
I really hope you love this recipe! We have to make a double of this to feed this house or serve it up with some stir-fried veggies like white onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, and red bell peppers. I love the chance to combine some prebiotic and probiotic foods together!