My husband loves hamburger helper. He is a quite easily pleased man in that regard. I’m quite thankful for his willingness to try all of the things, but when it comes down to it, he wants simple foods. Comfort foods.
It was not until a friend told me about her homemade hamburger helper that I put 2 and 2 together. Why is it some of the simplest things to understand really are that simple? Like no added steps…just easy. Well, I went around and mushed a handful of recipes together to create this one.
One Pot Skillet Lasagna
- 1 lb grass-finished beef
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz pasta
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the meat on medium high.
- Add the onion, garlic, and seasoning. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, pasta, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and cook for 30 seconds.
The kids did like it, but let’s be honest…it’s not pizza. Therefore it did not reach their standards of cuisine.
Hope you enjoy it!