We brought back one of our favorite quick-grab snacks! After thumbing through my recipes in search of something good for the week, I stopped on an old apple pie protein square recipe from He And She Eat Clean. I remembered how good they tasted when they were on our constant meal prep list for Sundays. The cinnamon and maple syrup… they made you believe that you were having a treat even though you were eating a
Things have changed a bit since then though. Whey protein is no longer in the house anymore as well as a lot of the nut butter that was made with soybean oil. Our proteins are more finicky in recipes, so they take a little more adjustment. We are finding our way through though! And the food… the food is in stride along with us!
Maple Apple Pie Protein Squares
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup crunchy nut butter
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla bone broth protein
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place mixture in the baking dish and spread.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and wrap in parchment paper.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do!