This! This workbook has been life changing! In the midst of all of the personal growth styled books out there, Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life by Lara Casey has been the one book above all others to simply get me. As I read through the pages, I felt like Lara was right there with me in the room comforting me or giving me advice. Telling me that I am doing great as a wife, a mother, a woman, a business owner, and most of all, a child of God. To be honest, I think I have read this book three times now. Once in 2017 while I was trying to find my place in the working world again, this time as a personal trainer. At the beginning of 2017, when my husband and I were looking to make some changes in our lives to prepare for the season ahead. Again, in the summer of 2018, during our last military move that felt like it shook my life like an earthquake. I keep coming back to these printed words. I’ve written in the margins and underlined so much. I find re-focusing every time. I cannot thank Lara enough for this book.
As for the Powersheets pictured above, this has been a more recent addition. I was able to grab the 6-month Cultivate What Matters Powersheets in the middle of our move. You guys…it made everything so much clearer. Over the course of a week or so, I put the work in. I did the negative dumps and the acknowledging my fears. I searched myself for what I truly want in life. I set 10 goals for my next 6 months. Not hard set goals…but flexible ones that grow with me instead of giving me the sting of guilt when I “fail”. I choose my word for that period. “BLOOM”
After the dust settled from the move, I realized that I accomplished some of my goals and others went to the wayside. This was okay though. It was the first time in my life that it did not feel like failure. It felt like growth even when not accomplishing something my 6-month-ago self set out for. Do you know how liberating that feels??!?!?
When the 2019 One-Year Powersheets Intentional Goal Planner came out, I jumped all in again on release day! I’ve put in the work again and it is absolutely crazy how much my goals and dreams have changed in the matter of the last 6 months. I am a different woman than I
Here is my goals for 2019.
- Remain – Remain in with Him in the Word.
- Love – Love my husband well and learn to speak in his love language.
- Alive – Learn to rest so I can create energy and bring the joy back into my life instead of being a grumpy mombie
- Beautiful – Stay diligent with doctor’s appointments, learn to run happy again & eat free of guilt
- Break Free – Continue with our debt snowball to break free of the bondage of debt
- Flourishing – Dedicate time for school, build my website & business, blog authentically, and most of all, #DontPlaySmall
- Surrounded – Love my children well, continue traditions, and plan a family fun day each month with them involved in the planning. Less social media to stay out of the trap of comparison. Travel to visit friends! Stop chasing others for their attention. I am worth more.
If I had one thing that I could give a new mother beside a hug, coffee, and a nap, it would be this book and these Powersheets. You do not have to feel stuck. And “Goals” do not have to be “going for my degree while being a mother, climbing Mt Everest, solving the hunger issue in the world, and completing an ultramarathon”. Goals are what you set out for yourself and what you truly desire in life.