This is my husband’s favorite soup for his meal prep. I generally love to have a green soup like cream of asparagus or a cream of zucchini, but this is a wonderful one to have in the mix too. The fresh ginger is so intoxicating to work with. It is one of my favorite smells.
Carrots are great sources of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K (helps with vision, maintains epithelial tissues, bone health, and helps the immune system), potassium and antioxidants. And ginger is known to help with inflammation, muscle pain, dissolving kidney stones, and help with nausea as well as many other ailments. This is why this soup found its way into our rotation mostly, but the taste. That’s the real main reason!
Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 Tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups broth low sodium
- 1 lb carrots washed & chopped (I love using the rainbow or nantes carrots from our Farm Fresh to You boxes)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese low fat & room temperature
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat
- Add the chopped onion and cook for about 5-6 minutes
- Add the chopped ginger, broth, and chopped carrots
- Bring to a boil on high heat; cover and lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the cream cheese and blend with an immersion blender
- Bring soup to a boil with high heat
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste
P.S. If you haven’t subscribed yet, here’s your chance! I am actually working on something nutrition wise to help our body’s get to their optimal weight without going crazy in the gym or with tracking calories!!
Blake JS, Munoz KD, Volpe S. Nutrition: from Science to You. New York: Pearson; 2019.