The doctor recently recommended we begin to avoid cow’s milk to help with my daughter’s allergies and her sinuses. I could not even begin to explain the spiral that took place as we left the doctor’s office that day. She proceeded to name off things that have cow milk in them and tell me how dire her situation is now. Sometimes I wonder if this girl is a casting call away…
So we went through all of our old sweet tooth fixes and bought a ridiculous amount of the Enjoy Life chocolate chips in hopes to find things that would help her see the no-cow’s-milk world is not that bad.
Chocolate Chip Cocoa Meringue Cookies
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 275F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium until peaks form.
- Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time. Whisk on high speed for about 5 minutes until mixture is glossy.
- Fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet 1″ apart.
- Bake for 34-40 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
These ended up good enough to make it on a Mother’s Day poem she wrote in school. That’s gotta mean something for how they taste. LOL!
Hope you love them too!