The kids call these chicken pancakes. I guess I can see that 😂. We tried these twice before in North Carolina and they cooked perfectly on our electric stove top. This gas stove top is still giving me some issues with cook time though. The kids noticed things are a little darker than normal. In my defense, this browning was due to our new cast iron skillets to help with low iron counts.
Also, I adjusted these recently to remove the soy, but you can easily swap the coconut amino for soy sauce, if you prefer it! Either way, give these a try! They are well worth the effort and I found that they reheat for meal prep containers pretty well too!
Chicken Egg Foo Young
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup head of broccoli steamed
- 1/4 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- chives optional topping
- In a bowl, mix onion, broccoli, egg, garlic, coconut amino, pepper, and salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add 1/3 cups of mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.