On very rare occasions we cook with pork. It is not an intentional dismissal of pork in the regular menu plan. I think I easily forget about it in my love for chicken.
We were flipping through the scribbled cookbook pages and my middle daughter demanded we make these. This is no surprise to me. She has a love for meatballs. Seriously. She will eat every meatball out of her dish before even poking at anything else. I cannot even blame her. If they are made with the perfect meat and spice mixture, I would too.
Give these a try next time you’re looking for something to snack on or add to a meal!
Cheesy Sausage Bites
- 1 lb mild pork ground sausage
- 1 cup quinoa cooked and chilled
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Spray hands with cooking spray. Roll 1″ meatballs and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 18 minutes and serve
They do not last long here….even in a double batch!