In our search for the perfect quick refrigerator bites, we stumbled upon these. I should first say that we are big banana bread eaters here. We are banana bread eaters to the point that we do not even really wait to let it fully cool down before we are slicing it open for all of us to snack on. Sometimes I feel bad for my husband because it does not even last to the point of him making it home for a piece.
Anyway, we found these in our search for quick on the go snacks and loved them! The only thing with these is they tend to be a little more on the crumbly side, so feel free to either add a little more milk or freeze them to have them hold together for toddler fingers <3
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Bites
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 small banana preferably over-ripened
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, kosher salt, and sugar.
- Mash the banana. Add banana and dark chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Microwave almond butter and maple syrup until melted.
- Pour almond butter mixture into the flour/banana mixture and stir well.
- Slowly add in the almond milk until the batter is thick.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Hope you love them!